Options

Anybody sit the CCNA in the past week ?

Boris BadenoughBoris Badenough Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
What was the sim you got ? I know most people were getting vlan sims in the past 2 weeks, I would like to try and get the magical 1000.

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just passing is good enough for me ;) I took it 2 weeks back and got the VLAN one. You pretty much need to know EIGRP and all the distance vector protocols in-and-out, know the whole OSPF process...adjacencies, elections and all, know how to configure everything from vlans to frame-relay, and know in detail what happens to a frame(source and destination, unicast and multicast, etc) as it crosses the network...across Routers, switches, Nat, etc

It was tough for me...I had about every Cisco book memorized and I still only got a 700. The scenarios and diagrams can throw you off if you don't pay enough attention to the question. icon_sad.gif

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    badboyziggybadboyziggy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    KGhaleon said.....and know in detail what happens to a frame(source and destination, unicast and multicast, etc) as it crosses the network...across Routers, switches, Nat, etc

I have no idea what happens when it goes through a nat, cuz in my sybex i have only two pages on nat with only static, dynamic and overload and it said nothing about what happens to frames. Do i need to know alot more about NATS? cuz im planning on taking the exam next month.

What am i thinking it doesnt matter what a frame goes through the only thing thats going to change is the destination mac address, and the nat is only going to change ur private ip address to a public one. Am i right icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry, I didn't mean you should know NAT in *extreme* detail...just know how IP addresses are viewed by the outside, inside, etc

I use the Cisco press books, which seem to go into a lot of detail on everything.

If you feel confident, I'd recommend going for the two exams. You should definately pass if you know your stuff. 801 not just combines the two, but also gives you questions that are tougher and require a lot of knowledge to comprehend and answer. I'm going to take it for the third time this week...I'll report on the sims I get if anything new turns up. :)

Take what I say with a grain of salt. You might get it on your first try...but take it seriously, or your in for a world of surprises.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680