Options

Perhaps a redundant question.....

LevithanLevithan Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone! I just have a (possibly redundant) question, perhaps it would be better suited for the CCIE forum, but I figured I'd give it a shot here.

I'm currently starting to study my CCNP R&S, and have been reading a few design guides with L3MPLS and BGP to try and work my way into study mode. I've also read a portion of the CCIE OCG guide (version 4), and I really enjoy it.

I guess my question is, would reading the CCIE OCG guide cover enough of the correct material to take the CCNP Route test?

I know it probably sounds a little backwards, but after seeing what everyone has written about the CCNP: ROUTE OCG (its dry and doesn't cover all necessary material) I thought that perhaps just reading the CCIE OCG (which most people have raved about) would work.

I also plan on trying to go for the CCIE afterwards, but as my work said they will pay for the NP, it seems like a wise choice to tick that off before attempting the monster.... :D

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    In my opinion the OCG for CCIE does not go as indepth as you need.

If you had Routing TCP/IP Vol I & II and I'd say you would be set, but he CCIE v4 R/S OCG I'm not too sure.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The OCG for the CCIE isn't there to teach you anything really. It's a basic over view of a lot of stuff. So if you are at the point where you need to actually learn instead of refresh I'd find something else to study from.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.