Options

Static Route

doohderdoohder Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok I have been stuck on this for about a week and its getting old it kinda sucks that I have to set it up this way but don't have much of a choice company won't put in another T1 line for the wireless users. I supply a diagram and I want the static route to follow the arrows I have put on it. The reason being for this is the at the wireless system has to have a public address is what the providor told me. And I don't want it going through a firewall.
wirelessrouting.jpg

I currently have the all the internal users going through the ISA server by doing ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.0.10 which is the ip of the ISA server. Is there any way to do a static route for the 216.x.x.181 to the top T1 router with out affecting the internal users? I have had a static route far enough to where I can ping from the PLP router to 216.x.x.181 and 216.x.x.177 but I can't move up to T1 router and ping 216.x.x.181. Any suggestions would be great!

Comments

• Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nice post bro...
    but can you make it simple (the picture was too huge for my screen to analyze it - sorry)... :)

does the PLP have only 1 route - which is to ISA? i dont think so.
    So you should be doing just find - by giving the wireless an access-list to speak directly to your T1 router on either PLP or Grand*** . if that what you mean?

on PLP :
    you permit the client (10.a.b.c) only to ISA - OK,
    then you permit the wireless to speak up to T1.
    dont use a default gateway - because it will lead all your route below it to your ISA.

or for much better control :
    do it on access--router (Grand***)
    permit the client only talk to ISA - and give other pass thru.
    it give you much simplicity to determine the routing flow flom up to bottom or vice versa.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.