Options

VCA before Stanley

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hi guys,

So I won't be doing the Stanley class until August.

Would it be good to do some of the VCA courses before the class?

I don't have much experience outside of Installing esxi, setting up storage, vswitches, adding files for physical hosts and then installing and configuring VM's with 2008 R2, and using console mode.

I would think having a few VCA's would be good to show knowledge....

I'm studying CCENT right now and cruising along but a VCA e-learning is like 3 hours...

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have the time sure but I think you already have enough knowledge for the Stanly course.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't pay for it. Study the material and learn about Vmware's technologies(IE Study all the VCA material/videos on vmware.com) It's a good broad knowledge of their products. Personally I would spend time reading over VCP Material. The class alone is not enough to pass the test.
    VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As J.Tot said, I wouldn't pay for it as it's only an introduction about VMware products. From what you've said it looks like you know a bit about virtualization so if I were you I wouldn't waste any time and money on a VCA. I spent 3 hours on it because it was free but it really was a bit of a waste of time as I didn't learn much out of it.