Options

Network+ question

mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
Hey guys I was wondering if the Network+ actually asks you about subnetting? Any questions require you to actually break down a subnet to binary and figure out a how many more networks you can use. Also, ask you what the broadcast and the network address actually be ??? eg: 255.255.248.0 and the ip ranges????

Comments

• Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I take the exam tommorrow, so I can't tell you for 100% sure, but so far as all my studies and practice exams go, you should know how subnetting works, but you don't have to configure it or anything. Just know WHY subnets can be used, and that they have to be connected via a router to communicate between subnets.

But, now I'll be on to CCNA, where I will have to actually know about subnetting. Ack!
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    No, you 'just' need to no what the default subnet masks are and what subnetting is, its purpose, which of course as you know is using the available address space more efficiently. You don't need to actually calculate subnets and masks, nor don't you need to be able to determine the network and broadcast addresses of subnets.
  • Options
    Alright, thanks guys. Then this test should be a breeze.
  • Options
    Well, the test definately wasn't a breeze. However, I passed with a score of 695. I got stuck on Mac questions. Yes, mac related questions. :s
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Lol, I found my net+ test to be all about stuff I'll never work on...

But no worries, I learned the stuff I needed to even if I didnt get tested on it...

Knowledge = Power
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    sudanandsudanand Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    niter3 wrote:
    Hey guys I was wondering if the Network+ actually asks you about subnetting? Any questions require you to actually break down a subnet to binary and figure out a how many more networks you can use. Also, ask you what the broadcast and the network address actually be ??? eg: 255.255.248.0 and the ip ranges????

hey gues i have no answer for you so i am very sorry for that. i will answer you later