Options

Testing on 10/29 at 1!

skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
Wish me luck! I don't think I can possibly cram any more. I don't score below 85% on any of my practice tests which are tons harder than the exam will be, so I'm hoping to report a very good score. I'll update when I get in.
I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    OK, so here I am, ready for the exam.

1) traffic sucks. make all possible maneuvres to avoid having to drive on a busy highway before a test. That'll rattle you right there.

2) Vue should be killed. daily. every 5 minutes. any test center within a reasonable distance is "having difficulties". They "hope to be up and running soon". preferably before my nerves get the best of me.

updates to follow.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    GOOD LUCK!!!...hang in there - you can do it
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    Any news yet, or did you have to reschedule? It seems like problems at test centers are becoming more common...
  • Options
    Hey gang,

Well, they finally got it up and running. It seems the local ISP had their DNS server down. One of the techskills guys called and said "we know Vue is up, and we know you're up, so fix it." After much hemming and hawing, it magically worked.

They also had no one on hand that knew how to run my card to pay for the test, so they let me take it before I paid, which is nice.

I passed with a 731, which wasn't the score I had hoped for, but it certainly isn't bad.

The main things that threw me off were very poorly worded ?'s, and one that I hadn't even though of that asked what fiber cabling I might be using based on the diameter of the leds within. That one seemed kinda pointless :).

For my study materials I used Syngress network+ and MIke Meyers all in one, both of which are great. Techskills also offers a lot of labs which are helpful when you don't know the material. In this case I mostly filled out the questions at the end rather than doing all the labwork, but that's because I was already familiar.

Thanks for all the help!

The CCNA is next, which is broken down into 8 weeks. I dunno that I'll get it quite that fast since my ability to be in the lab is limited, but about 10 seems reasonable.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    Congrats! Glad to hear it worked out.