Options

Help with resume

jam3s121jam3s121 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I'm trying to complete my resume and I'm not sure what to include or what too..

I've had one job, I've had it for 4 years so I will obviously list that, I have Associates in criminal justice.. should I say AS in CJ or just write I have a assosciates? Also I have no prior work experience.. but I've been building/repairing my own computers for YEARS as well as other friends and I have A+, MTA certifications.. should I write what I am currently working on which is MSCA 7?

Comments

• Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd include the major for your associate's degree. If you don't then you leave it open to assume the worst basket weaving program someone can think of. And who knows, they might even find criminal justice interesting or see value in having someone with that experience. Importantly, they'll know you've completed a 2-year degree, which should mean a certain level of being able to write and communicate effectively. So make sure you proof read your resume and practice your interview techniques.

Yes, put down what you're working on and when you expect to complete it. Since you don't have much else to put, there's nothing wrong with a small section saying you're pursuing your dream of becoming an IT professional and that you've been building and repairing computers for years. Sometimes showing motivation and interest can tip the scales in your favor.

Just my 2 cents.
    Joe