Options

Cisco Configuration Professional?

gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
So I am going to take my network+ and I already have my CCENT but some job's require it and after watching chapter 33 on CBT Nuggets he uses this software to create an ACL. I've never seen or used this software before, I was just wondering if major network administrators and network engineers use it and are allowed to or is frowned upon? It looks like it makes configuring everything ridiculously easy!!

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    GUIs do make it easier. Personally, I like doing thins in the CLI but graphical interfaces have their place and do help a lot by providing a quicker way to do some things. However, I am yet to see CCP used anywhere besides on the CCNA Security certification track.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "Easier" depends on the complexity of what you are doing. Small basic tasks like assigning IP Addresses to Interfaces, setting up DHCP, etc...are actually quicker and easier using the CLI. CCP, like most Cisco GUIs is a bit slow connecting. I could SSH into the CLI and do a few basic tasks in the time it takes to connect.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]