Options

ISC2 response time

NimrodHunterNimrodHunter Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all ... It has been 2 weeks to the day when I got a confirmation that ISC2 received my eendorsement form. Does anyone have any insight as to the time it takes for them respond with final approval? Do they let me know of there is an issue? Will they let me know I was approved or will I just get cert in mail? I understand I can take "up to 6 weeks" but getting anxious and impatient (lol)

Thanks all

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Contact the (ISC)2 Candidate Services and ask them how your certification is progressing. Please let us know what they say.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My supervisor submitted my endorsement late on Wednesday 16 April.

I got a reply on 30 April. Turns out I got randomly selected for an audit!

You should get an email if there are any issues.

As long as you're in the time frame (6 weeks), I wouldn't worry about it. But yep, the waiting is a killer.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    JonnygJonnyg Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello all ... It has been 2 weeks to the day when I got a confirmation that ISC2 received my eendorsement form. Does anyone have any insight as to the time it takes for them respond with final approval? Do they let me know of there is an issue? Will they let me know I was approved or will I just get cert in mail? I understand I can take "up to 6 weeks" but getting anxious and impatient (lol)

Thanks all

Both of mine took almost exactly two and a half weeks. From what I have heard from others, it normally takes around 2-3 weeks. They will let you know if there is an issue.
    Working on: Nothing, finally.
  • Options
    NimrodHunterNimrodHunter Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I received a response from ISC2 and it was generic "it can take 5-6 weeks".
  • Options
    Is the (ISC)2 still sending out certification notifications in batches on Fridays, or do the results now seem to come on most any day of the week?
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Is the (ISC)2 still sending out certification notifications in batches on Fridays, or do the results now seem to come on most any day of the week?

One of mine was on a Wednesday and the other was on a Thursday.
  • Options
    bonfirebonfire Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed (SSCP) on April 17th, April 21st I received confirmation that my endorsement/documentation info was received. I received confirmation yesterday (May 13th) that I've been approved. The e-mail says that the cert can take up to 8 weeks to arrive (!)
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Today's 2 weeks since I submitted my audit information (the same resume as my endoresement...just resubmitted with a consent to release form). Hoping to hear from them soon! Today marks a month since I passed.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    bonfire wrote: »
    The e-mail says that the cert can take up to 8 weeks to arrive (!)

Mine still hasn't arrived. I received the confirmation email on April 10th, so it has been about five weeks so far.
  • Options
    My CAP certificate arrived yesterday after two and a half weeks, even though I passed it a month after the CISSP. I still have not received the CISSP certificate, so I am not sure what determines how long it will take you to receive your certificate. I figure I will still give them the full eight weeks before I bug them about it. Just FYI, your certificate should come with a code for a free lapel pin and another code for 10% off a mounted certificate or plaque.
  • Options
    When compared to the (very small) number candidates who take the CAP exam, there are an enormous amount of CISSP endorsements to process. Your CAP processing probably got bumped to the head of the queue.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    All three congratulatory emails came in on a Thursday, shortly after 9:00 AM (CST/CDT). Response time for me has been either three or four weeks with the exception of the ISSAP coming in at a laggardly five weeks. Talk about a waiting game. Some of the response time depends on what time of the year as well. Think vacation time around the end of the year with Christmas, New Years, etc. Can definitely affect your response time.

- B Eads
  • Options
    bgill0bgill0 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am already a CISSP Member and passed the CCSP. I have been waiting for 5 weeks and still no certification.
  • Options
    mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    bgill0 wrote: »
    I am already a CISSP Member and passed the CCSP. I have been waiting for 5 weeks and still no certification.

Same situation as you. Been around 3 weeks so far for me. If I clearly have my CISSP, why does it take so long to approve? ISC2 knows you have the CISSP so it should be automatic once you pass the CCSP.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1. Holy thread revival Batman! icon_lol.gif
    2. CISSP does not guarantee one has the required experience for CCSP.
    3. Therefore, ISC2 still needs to very completeness (and if audited, accuracy) of your application.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    amcnow wrote: »
    1. Holy thread revival Batman! icon_lol.gif
    2. CISSP does not guarantee one has the required experience for CCSP.
    3. Therefore, ISC2 still needs to very completeness (and if audited, accuracy) of your application.

They clearly state if you have the CISSP, you automatically have the required experience for CCSP.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

• Options
    I stand corrected. Probably should have looked closer before responding. My bad. icon_redface.gif

With that in mind, I'm also curious about the long wait times.
    Aristotle wrote:
  • Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Haven't looked at past posts during the December time frame. Maybe the holidays and staff taking vacation could possibly have something to do with it.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • Options
    I find it weird they have to wait at all. Since CISSP fulfills the experience requirement, there should be an automated process to check for validity. If the CISSP certification is valid, then the CCSP should be granted automatically. No need for the long drawn out process, IMO.
    Aristotle wrote:
  • Options
    amcnow wrote: »
    I find it weird they have to wait at all. Since CISSP fulfills the experience requirement, there should be an automated process to check for validity. If the CISSP certification is valid, then the CCSP should be granted automatically. No need for the long drawn out process, IMO.

Exactly!

• Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got am email response from ISC2 today from an inquiry on my CISSP endorsement time frame and their response was that they take them in order, first come first served, so I assume it is like that across the board, regardless of whether you already have a cert with them?