ICND2 Failed

NightBlade09NightBlade09 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, failed my ICND2 today with a 788. My problem was staying on one question too long. I may have stayed a little too long on others as well. At the end I was clicking random answers to get through the test. I need to track my time better and use Odom's system - 1 minute per question plus add on 7 minutes per sim should be how much time you have spent so far.

I also found out a few of my weaknesses which I will work on. If you guys have any recommendations to better prepare for the 2nd time around I'm all ears. I've scheduled the next appointment for May 22nd. Wish me luck, hopefully 2nd time's the charm, this is getting expensive.

Oh, almost forgot my study source:

CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library - http://amzn.com/1587143879

Comments

• JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You maybe should've taken a practice exam like Bosom before taking the actual exam. I found the Bosom exam even harder so it helps you to find your weak spots and work on those.
  • TechnoracerTechnoracer Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep your head up, and keep studying till you're confident you know your stuff. It took me three times to pass the ICND2, mainly because I had too much stuff on my mind, instead of being focused on the exam, but I passed it today. I wish you success on your next try.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Luck with the retest.
    One thing that worked for me was to take notes during my practice tests.

As you take the test make a list of anything you don't understand. i.e. if you didn't recognize the abbreviation CDP. After the test you will have a list of topics you are not strong on. Go back and quickly look them up.

Keep in mind this list has nothing to do with the answers to the questions. It's simply a list of possible topics that you could not recall at exam time. Sometimes it seems like you know something completely when your reading it. The trick here is to try to figure out what you can't recall when testing.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try to balance out your time so you don't get hung up on 1 question and don't have time for the last few at the end.

IMO, if you don't know it within a minute, just guess. You might get a lot of easy ones at the end that you might miss if you don't have the time.

When I took my CCNA, my last 5 questions or so were easy and had I got hung up earlier and not been able to answer them, I would have failed.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • NightBlade09NightBlade09 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keep your head up, and keep studying till you're confident you know your stuff. It took me three times to pass the ICND2, mainly because I had too much stuff on my mind, instead of being focused on the exam, but I passed it today. I wish you success on your next try.

Congrats and thanks