network+ certified!!

_greyford_greyford Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed my network+ yesterday...a couple of days after passing my security+. I am now looking to get my resume started (just the bare minimum) and possibly start studying for my CCNA and MCTS in July and try and get my Associates.

I'm looking to get my foot in the door and continue on a path to networking...any career tips or help to get started would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways, wish me luck!

Comments

• michaelphanmichaelphan Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats! i'm planning to take the exam in a couple weeks...any tips? thanks!
  • daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • IS3IS3 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Job icon_thumright.gif I'll never forget the day i passed mine like a month ago. I told my fiance that I didn't pass then showed her the paper result and she beat me to death hahahha she was so happy.
    :study:
  • _greyford_greyford Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats! i'm planning to take the exam in a couple weeks...any tips? thanks!

for the performance-based questions, you should focus on subnetting and CIDR, ipconfig, ping, tracert, and all of the other commands, the different antennas, cables, and the tools that are used for them. lastly, study the different wireless and ethernet standards and you should be able to compare and contrast between the OSI Model and the TCP/IP Model.

Also never let your nerves get the best of you. And always review before you submit your exam. Read the question twice and really think of the best answer.

Anyways, Good luck!!
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! ICND1/CCENT should be a good transition for you.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • John BurtonJohn Burton Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
  • michaelphanmichaelphan Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the tips! i've decided to move the date of taking the exam to this wednesday lol
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Good luck on CCNA!
  • auxiliarypriestauxiliarypriest Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Thanks for the Tips
    2020 Goals: [x ] C|HFI [x] CySA+ [x ] MSCSIA
    Connect with me on Linkedin, just say you're from TechExams