Options

Another "After CCNA" Thread

Kenneth196Kenneth196 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all.

Through my employer, I am scheduled to take a week long CCNA boot camp through Global Knowledge on July 14 - 18 (I'll be providing daily updates in a separate thread during that time). I currently have about 9 months of Network experience under my belt.

I'm jumping the gun a bit, but after the CCNA, do you guys recommend going for a CCNP, or another CCNA? I'd like to get the 3 main CCNA certs (well in my opinion they are the 3 main ones) - CCNA R/S, Wireless, & Security, but want to go for the CCNP eventually as well.

I appreciate all opinions and suggestions!
"Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks." - Unknown

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    What do you do at work? I'd suggest doing whatever lines up with your job. Not a big fan of just getting all the CCNAs. You could get a much better return on your time investment going deeper rather than wider if you are working in the field already. I wouldn't suggest anyone to go for the CCNA security, wireless or voice unless they are going for the corresponding NP level cert afterwords.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.