Options

Study Update, Progress and Tips!

GeneCGeneC Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Been a few weeks since an update from me, thought I would post as I have seen plenty of encouragement and successes in doing so. Exam is still scheduled for June 27th. I average about 2 hours per day and 1 domain per week. I have 4 domains remaining leaving me 2 weeks prior to exam date to really devote all my time to this. I have used my 2 weeks of vacation for the final 2 weeks of hard prep. I am on pace, don’t feel like I am killing myself in doing so and after taking advice from several threads not stressing over under 80% on the quizzers.

How my domains are structured in case any new members ready to study are looking for how others (me) are doing it:

1 - Read domain for Eric Conrad Study Guide 2E. Highlighter in hand.
2 - Watch corresponding domain on CBT Nuggets (Corporate Account).
3 - Exhaust CCCUre (paid version) of corresponding domain, no repeats, read both correct and incorrect answers, make notes.
4 - Exhaust trancender questions of corresponding domain, no repeats, read both correct and incorrect answers, make notes.

The above is what I get accomplished per week, If I score 60% to 70% I still move on.

My final 2 weeks will include:
  • AIO Chapter summaries.
  • 11th hour
  • Bullet #1 above, highlighted sections
  • A few 250 question tests (Eric Conrad, Transcender, GISP)
  • Questions from CCCure, Total Testers, Transcender – Weak domain)
  • Sunflower PDF
  • GISP Practice test, question on this. I understand its USE ONCE but I would like to review all correct and incorrect answers, pull up books, notes etc. After a log off is that it no more access or can I review my answers again at a later date?
I also have been reading articles on multiple choice test taking tips. I began using one immediately and my test scores did go up after this. Hide the answers with a blank piece of paper……….

Cheers
Gene

Comments

• Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I haven't seen anything regarding this but you should be able to copy the question for personal use such as studying and researching on the topic. However, since most of their questions are scenario base question, so having the question in your hand may not actually help much, rather the practice test will gear your mind in answering scenario base question so that you would be prepared for the actual exam format. Portal access is only used one, they will generate a score card to highlight your weak areas, re-reading the weak areas is easy to squeeze some extra points for the actual exam.
  • Options
    Perfect, as long as I get the score card with my weak areas that will be just fine.

Forgot to mention one other thing that I did in prep for the CISSP. Booked a hotel room 5 minutes from the testing center. Not dealing with downtown Toronto traffic on a Friday 8AM exam start time.

This exam is tough on mental stamina, a quite night, good rest and hearty breakfeast will hopefully ensure that I do not get the gimmies incorrect by overlooking a key word or getting tired too soon.

Gene
  • Options
    revna82@hotmail.comrevna82@hotmail.com Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can u please share , where to find GISP Practice test
  • Options
    You can find it here. You will have to register for the $129 practicse GISP exam. Note it states 24 - 48 hours as well to process.

GIAC Exam Preparation Overview