Options

Taking 70-290 is nearly impossible!

hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
Let me start off here: Prometric sucks and in a bad way! I was scheduled to take 290 on Wednesday at 8:30am I got about 12 questions into it and the computer had a runtime error. I was then instructed to basically start the test over which was fine by me but the test wouldn't start I would receive a error stating that the computer didn't have the minimum hardware required for the test. They then had me log into all of the other test machines and they had the same error for me but not other test takers. After 3 hours of waiting I was told to reschedule, later that day the issue was resolved. I took the test today, same thing could not even start the test!! I hung around for a few hours went home and rescheduled for Monday. Apparently this is the only Prometric testing center in my area the next closest one is 3 hours away! Im swiching to VUE asap after I get 290 out of this way.

Comments

• Options
    fayo79fayo79 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey man,
    I feel ya...I've had some pretty bad experiences with Prometric myself.
    I'm scheduled to take my CCNA Intro exam tomorrow after rescheduling for the 3rd time due to them not updating their site as to what testing centers are administering exams or when they are closed. First time i scheduled the exam, and i went to the test site...the site was closed and found out they werent even administring exams for the past 4 months! 2nd site i scheduled...the site was closed on the day i scheduled! Both times prometric's website allowed me to still schedule w/ those centers! Hopefully everything will go smoothly tomorrow. Prometric sure does suck!
  • Options
    sconklinsconklin Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oh yeah prometric and about half of the testing sites blow, I had the same crap happen to me, test site was infected with a virus, i reschedule and the sites still down the next day, i reschedule for that day in another town get half way through the test and the server its running off of shits the bed..... To make a long story I passed but had to wait 2 weeks for it to be official due to some regulation that they have to review my scores, even though it told me on the screen. I also had to call Prometric and retreive the test scores from the 2000 server that i had to restart, the staff at the technical school where not that technical so when it came to my score i took it upon myself to see that it was done the right way. untill there is a better way we are stuck with these people
    Shawn
  • Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    At least you had a PC in your test! icon_eek.gif

When I arrived to take mine there was a bit of a 'scramble' to whip a PC off somebody's desk!