Options

If you don't have work experience, how can you do SSCP exam?

Khalid-AwadhKhalid-Awadh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys, I want to know whether I can do SSCP exam without work experience or not?

Those who have done it, what did they submit before the exam to prove they have work experience?

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    You can take the SSCP (and CISSP) exam without any work experience. You simply state that you are going for the "Associate of (ISC)2" designation on the form. (This is a bit confusing because all exam candidates automatically become an Associate when they pass the exam.) In reality, you are telling the (ISC)2 that you do not presently have the necessary work experience required for full SSCP certification.
  • Options
    Khalid-AwadhKhalid-Awadh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    You can take the SSCP (and CISSP) exam without any work experience. You simply state that you are going for the "Associate of (ISC)2" designation on the form. (This is a bit confusing because all exam candidates automatically become an Associate when they pass the exam.) In reality, you are telling the (ISC)2 that you do not presently have the necessary work experience required for full SSCP certification.

Still it is not clear about associate. Could you please tell the difference of the certificate you get when you have work experience & when you don't.
  • Options
    sojournsojourn Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Associate - not a true SSCP or CISSP. You're someone who has passed the exam but does not possess the required experience to hold the full certification.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Could you please tell the difference of the certificate you get when you have work experience & when you don't.
    There is no paper certificate issued for the (ISC)2 Associates designation that I am aware of. You will be able to prove that you passed the exam using www.isc2.org.