Options

Exactly 1 month to go

GeneCGeneC Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I am actuall pretty excited that there is exactly one month to go. Oulined in previous posts I have a very strict study schedule and am right on track for where I think I need to be. I have 2 domains to go (my pace has been 1 domain per week) This leads me into my 2 weeks of vacation in which I will be doing a full review.

I have also created a plan for my final two weeks and have just recently ordered CISSP Study Guide 6E by Darill Gibson. This purchase was based on the great reviews by a few fellow posters and thought it would be great to review my weaker domains based on quizzers.

Hotel is booked for the night before were I will get a good nights rest and perhaps a nice stroll of downtown toronto in the evening to clear my mind. One other thing I have also been proud to admit is that its ok if I have to take a second kick at the can. This does not mean I am taking my studying easier or lightly its not the end of the world and has reduced the non needed stresses of not passing the first time around.

If it helps anyone my schdule allows me for 2 hours per day and roughly 6 hours at the library on the weekend. The last two weeks allow me 6 - 8 hours per day.

I would be happy to post my study plan and materials but to be honest it is no different the the rest of materials posted. I have opted not to use the official ISC2 Guide and using AIO for minimal parts but I have included the GISP to my final preperations.

GeneC

Comments

• Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds close to what I did. I spent the last week reviewing everything and spent about 2-4 hours a night, with 6-8 hours on the weekends.

Make sure to go over everything as much as possible. When it came to my review time, I saved my toughest domains for last (so they'd be fresh). The Gibson book (he's actually 1 of 3 authors on it) was great and I'm sure you'll like it. I was able to read it cover to cover in no time so you should be ok, it's an easy read.

Good luck!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    snysny Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was actually exhausted 2 weeks before the exam. Everything seemed a repetition and i was loosing focus, at one point i thought about rescheduling it and taking the exam early but decided to stick with the original date. The last week before the exam was really hard but the final 2-3 days went pretty quickly :)
  • Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Seems like your doing pretty solid and on a good way to nailing it. You had come a long way. Good luck

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/99628-cissp-struggles.html
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Great call. I did the whole hotel thing the night before. I watched two movies, ordered room service, and cleared my mind. I felt so energized the morning of the test that I ended up taking no breaks and just sailing though the 5 hours.
  • Options
    GeneCGeneC Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I certainly feel like I have come a long way, the tougher domains right now are fresh in my mind as I get closer to the date, that is how my study plan worked out. The easier domains gave me the motivation and confidence to get the wheels in motion. I made this change the day after my CISSP Struggles post (good pick up)

I intened to put all books and materials aside the night before roughly dinner time and enjoy a good meal some tv or a movie and a good restful sleep about a 5 minute walk from the testing center.
  • Options
    sojournsojourn Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is a good call. The final real "act" of my study was the GISP practice exam. I sat that on the Tuesday evening. My real exam was Thursday morning. All I did on Wednesday was brush up on the difference between Certification and Accreditation for 10 minutes.