Options

Server 2008 R2 User/Groups Question ?

Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I would like to know if there is any software /tool that can be used to retrieve a list of users / groups from the local users list ( of a windows Server 2008 R2 ) with their respective NTFS access permissions from a shared folder.

I have been tasked with a project of getting a list of these permission for one of our clients.

I know this can be done via AD but we dont have access to the AD Servers and all i have been given is the
access to the Storage server ( 2008 R2 )

Please help me
Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".

Comments

• Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can Powershell that using get-acl, but the output isn't ideal. Here's an example of it:
    get-acl c:\users\derek\desktop\powershell | format-list

Path : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem::C:\users\das08020\desktop\powershell
    Owner : GOV-AD\derek
    Group : GOV-AD\Domain Users
    Access :
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Allow FullControl
    BUILTIN\Administrators Allow FullControl
    GOV-AD\derek Allow FullControl
    GOV-AD\derek.admin Allow FullControl
    I ran the command "get-acl c:\users\derek\desktop\powershell | format-list" to get the ntfs permissions on my powershell folder. You can see that my username "owns" the directory, as well as who has what access.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Try DumpSec. It's my go-to tool when SOC 2/3 audit time comes.

Download Free SomarSoft Utilities From SystemTools Software Inc
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Can't you see this on the resultant set of policies on the file server? We do something similar when permissions are in question. Go to the share on the file server and go to the security options. From Security go to advanced, then click on the effective permissions tab. There you can type in the user / group to see what their effective permissions are on that folder.