CCCure Viability

MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
For those that have taken and passed the CISSP and used the paid version of CCCure as a study tool, how would you say the questions in the actual exam compare to those offered in the quizzes?

I'm about 3 weeks out from the CISSP and haven't quite finished all the domains but I've been scoring roughly 80% on the CCCure quizzes. It's giving me some affirmation, but I want to make sure that I'm not going into this with high-expectations.

How do they compare? Was CCCure a valuable tool?

Comments

• snysny Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCCure is no where near the exam. It can only be used to gauge your ability to remember the material. Real Exam involve application of the material. I would suggest start doing McGraw Tests.
  • LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you score 80% on first try, it can help you a lot on the actual test on the range of memory work questions. There is a pool of scenario/obscure question where you would have to get a pass in that area to pass the CISSP exam.

I suspect the passing scheme to assess candidate to be something like this
    Memory Work - 70%
    Scenario Base/Obscure - 30%

Of course, each questions are weighted differently in terms of marks, some question will give more marks than others so good luck.
  • itguy1979itguy1979 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCCure.org questions test your knowledge on the 10 domains, the questions ARE NOT similar to exam, however; if you can get through the CCCure.org practice questions in the 80th percentile then you should be ok. In my opinion the cccure.org is all technical with exception of the domains that aren't technical at all, however; the exam is not really super technical at all, but you need to understand the 10 domains in order to get through the exam. If you're debating if the PAID version is worth it my advice is YES it is. The goal is to test you on the domains specifically not to prep you for the CISSP exam questions, if that makes sense.
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Perfect. I appreciate the input. I'd like the exam to be a validation of my understanding of the technical and its relation to the business; hopefully it'll be reaffirming.
  • wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I did the cccure tests in learning mode most of the time, seemed to help - I was scoring in the 80 percent range and passed the real test. I took them in blocks of 250 to help get used to answering that many questions at a sitting. And I tried to finish in an hour or so. Think setting that pace helped a lot on test day - finished the test in 2.5 hours, with two 10-15 minute breaks.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is very interesting, I've been thinking the same, right now I am hitting 74% the average at CCCure (paid) and also bought Transcender to see some differences in language, my first 150 question at Transcender I hit 68%.

Both exam simulator gave me the same weak domains. I am attacking those domains, one by one.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As long as you are not getting correct because you do too much until you remember the question/answer pair, you are using CCCure in the correct way. There are naive people who mistaken CCCure as a exam **** as oppose to a practice and hope to see the same question worded in the exact for for the actual exam and thus fail. Its never the same, but getting 80% of first try or practice till you get 80% without remembering the question would ensure you are in a safe area to pass CISSP.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The key is NOT see the answer.

I only see what domains I am screwing up, then after I read again the domain and begin to test again, at the end I know the answer is correct because I see it in the three books, lol

Reading the answer will not benefit with the exam.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• 62Vette62Vette Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't think CCCure questions were anything like the exam. I really don't think any exam quiz would really do you any good. I would spend more time reading the material.
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If anything, the questions could help you condition your test endurance.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.