Options

CSSA: is there a thread for this?

Hey guys,

is there thread for the CSSA Certification (Certified Sonicwall Security Administrator)

CSSA Certified SonicWALL System Administrator for Network Security

I use Sonicwalls extensively at my job so it will be handy to get this certification but just curious if there is a thread on this certification someplace on here or a section could be made for it.

I know Jupider is another fine Firewall appliance company so is Cisco but I'm not sure how Sonicwall ranks in this part of the industry.

Comments

• Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    SonicWALL is generally considered a much smaller player in the security device space compared to Cisco, Juniper, Check Point, and others. You have certifications for other vendors like Palo Alto Networks, Sourcefire, etc. and while they're relatively well-known names, I consider their certifications niche.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Just an FYI, If you take the CSSA course through global knowledge they generally provide a free appliance.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Just an FYI, If you take the CSSA course through global knowledge they generally provide a free appliance.

I can add three them to my home network ;) - have two HA TZ 210's :)
    docrice wrote: »
    SonicWALL is generally considered a much smaller player in the security device space compared to Cisco, Juniper, Check Point, and others. You have certifications for other vendors like Palo Alto Networks, Sourcefire, etc. and while they're relatively well-known names, I consider their certifications niche.

That's good to know. I think the SonicWALL is a powerful appliance so I never would have thought it wasn't a high quality firewall. All news to me now..