Options

Recommendations for Studying

bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
I actually just passed my CCENT today, and I am wanting to take the A+ exam because a lot of jobs like to see that cert. (I know, I'm doing it kind of backwards by getting my CCENT before the A+).

I would like to think I am pretty experienced at many aspects, such as newer and older types of hardware, installing and troubleshooting software and hardware, networking, building PCs, etc.

I'm wondering if Professor Messer's videos and practice exams would be enough for someone like me? I really am hoping to avoid reading a 1,000 page book and passing the 801 and 802 exams in less than a month, so I can start studying for CCNA.

If any of you were in a similar situation as me, what do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    whiteje84whiteje84 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz on CCENT! I did Professor Messer Videos and his study guides he has available. Also Exam Cram book that has Practice Questions. Took me about 3 weeks per section with a few years working in IT. Sounds like you only need a touch up. I would recommend going to the CompTIA website and getting the Exam Objectives for both 801 and 802 and look them over. If you feel comfortable with what is listed you should be fine or at least it will give you an idea on what to brush up on. Best of Luck on A+ and then CCNA.
  • Options
    whiteje84 wrote: »
    Congratz on CCENT! I did Professor Messer Videos and his study guides he has available. Also Exam Cram book that has Practice Questions. Took me about 3 weeks per section with a few years working in IT. Sounds like you only need a touch up. I would recommend going to the CompTIA website and getting the Exam Objectives for both 801 and 802 and look them over. If you feel comfortable with what is listed you should be fine or at least it will give you an idea on what to brush up on. Best of Luck on A+ and then CCNA.

Thanks whiteje. I will look into those things.
  • Options
    One other question:

Do you have to pay $178 for both exams, or $178 for each A+ exam?
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is the cost for each exam, 220-801 and 220-802. I wish there was a composite exam.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    Yeah, wow. That is insanely expensive for an entry level exam. Thanks!
  • Options
    Another question:

How do most people take these exams? Do most people take both the same day? Or do they study for the 220-801, take that, then study for the 220-802, and take that one, spanning several months?
  • Options
    whiteje84whiteje84 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took mine 3 weeks apart. From what I read most people do them separate.