Purchased My First Two Books for Studying CISSP

iknowit2iknowit2 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_study.gifBeginning this week I start my studies for the CISSP. After looking over many threads here on the message board, I have decided to purchase two books. One which is mentioned multiple times as a source for passing the exam and one which has been mentioned a few times, but not as utilized I believe as a study guide.

The first book:CISSP Study Guide, Second Edition - Eric Conrad

It's pretty clear that this is the go to guide for most people on here as their main book of choice. Perhaps when I am closer to testing for the exam I will purchase the 11th Hour book too.

The second book:CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional Study Guide - Sybex

My reasoning for purchasing this book is due to the fact that Darril Gibson is one of the authors of the book. I used his "Get, Certified, Get Ahead Security+" book as my main study guide for passing the SY0-301 Security+ exam. Plus, the Sybex book comes with a 250 question practice exam and an additional supplement on Sybex website which consist of more practices exams and flashcards.

Most people post on this forum what they used to study after they have passed the exam. I wanted to start by posting what I am using before I take the exam.

My timeframe for taking the exam is 6 months out from now. The reason being is that I have a full time job and a family, so I can't devote the hours needed to take it any sooner.

I hope that for anyone else who is researching studying options will find my post useful in helping them decide on a study path, or at the very least know what someone else in their shoes is doing to prepare for the CISSP.

Good Luck Everyone!

Comments

• LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As long as you follow to have a verbose book along with a non verbose book, you are good to go for self studying. Verbose is always useful to read through any domain if you cannot understand something. Eric Conrad strips down all the important information that you required for memory work.
  • iknowit2iknowit2 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    After talking to a few local CISSP's in my area, I have decided to purchase the AIO book too. They all used it as a reference book. :)