Lucky enough to have passed 1st sitting

62Vette62Vette Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Really was not sure about more than 30% of my answers. So I can not offer any advice or study tips. All I can say is that if you grasp the concepts, then you can reason the answer out. Most likely 2 answers will jump right out at you as totally wrong. So your left with 2 to chose from. This is where your understanding comes into play. Granted this is probably also why I wasn't 100% sure on my answers! But I guess it worked.

Comments

• TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There should be something you can share, regarding your experience. Your study material, how do you measure the questions and what others should really focus on.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.... I cannot wait to post a "Yay, I passed" myself... exam in 3 weeks.

There seem to be loads of passes lately... or was it that the failed ones were not being reported? I am sure we could learn just as much from the failures.
  • 62Vette62Vette Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I attended a boot camp so I had the handouts from that. Read Sunflower and Pguide. Skipped AIO, I knew I wouldn't be able to follow such a dry book so why bother. Watched a few youtube lectures and CBT Nuggets videos. Spent a lot of time trying to memorize facts a figures that never really came into play. If I had it to do over again I would spend less time trying to remember how many bits XZY encryption is and focus more on the overall reason for using XYZ encryption. Dunno could have gotten lucky and had an easy exam? I do know there were several questions I had no idea WTF they were talking about! Kinda humbling to read a question and have no real idea how to answer, just best guess! Oh well...
    This has to be the most bizarre explanation of an examination experience ever!. Anyways, congratulations on the pass :)
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    this a strange experience!
  • Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EasyPeezy wrote: »
    Congratulations.... I cannot wait to post a "Yay, I passed" myself... exam in 3 weeks.

There seem to be loads of passes lately... or was it that the failed ones were not being reported? I am sure we could learn just as much from the failures.

I don't think you hear about the failures so much because of people being embarrassed.
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Remember that there are some beta/un-graded questions on the exam; roughly 30, I believe. These, from what I've heard, are usually pretty tough/off-base questions.
  • jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's so true. When I failed it last year I didn't bother telling anyone but my girl.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Grafixx01 wrote: »
    I don't think you hear about the failures so much because of people being embarrassed.

There should be no embarrassment regarding failing the cissp!
  • praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    62Vette wrote: »
    Read Sunflower and Pguide.

What is the Pguide?
  • tufexamstufexams Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    vette62, Very humbling to see that luck was in your favor. I took this exam a few times, still did not pass and not much luck. Yes, I do agree the exam and questions you get makes a huge difference. Some people might not think this, I think B.S. I had a friend that her worst domain was crytpography and I think she had 1 question, yeah and she passed. icon_wink.gif. We'll see what happens. I'm going to regroup, study more and hopefully step on some dog $hit and get lucky this next go around. Maybe vette62, let me know what breed of dog $hit you stepped on. LOL. Funny because I did not seem to know about 20-30% of questions as well. I think 25 are test questions. Seems like they all were. But in any event, at least you're humble enough to state that you got lucky. A good number of people say that they really studied alot. B.S. again!!! LOL.
  • 62Vette62Vette Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    62Vette wrote: »

Well, this is a new one for me. Thanks for linking it.