Sticky situation

JohnjonesJohnjones Member Posts: 105 ■■□□□□□□□□
So...I'm working and my boss is old school and mean as *. I have a interview scheduled for next week at a job I really want not to mention want to leave here. I'm pretty sure if I take off for the interview he will be out for blood. What are my options here?

Comments

• kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Johnjones wrote: »
    So...I'm working and my boss is old school and mean as *. I have a interview scheduled for next week at a job I really want not to mention want to leave here. I'm pretty sure if I take off for the interview he will be out for blood. What are my options here?

Is it over lunch?
    Otherwise you have a doctors appointment *wink wink*
  • praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Aren't you allowed to be sick? Or ask for day off - personal or vacation?
  • JohnjonesJohnjones Member Posts: 105 ■■□□□□□□□□
    pramin wrote: »
    Aren't you allowed to be sick? Or ask for day off - personal or vacation?

Simply no. I'm willing to take the risk because I see no advancement nor am I satisfied with my current manager. Also, this interview will be all day, so I'd have to be sick. Should I try to arrange something else with the future company? Problem is M-F 7-4 won't work at all.
  • geekgirl74geekgirl74 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you're already in a bad situation, I would say calling in sick would be worth the risk.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Agree with GeekG
  • The Silent AssassinThe Silent Assassin Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yup, you can be sick. In fact, you are sick...of where you are working. At the end of the day it is all business. Nobody should stay in a dead end job where they can't advance because you run the risk of getting burnt out. One question you could ask during the interview is what they offer in areas of advancement. IMO it lets your perspective employer that you have plans for the future.