Good article on why you hate work

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■

Comments

• Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That was a great read!
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It is all a bit of common sense though. I think as an employee you make your own happiness at work. I see people around me moan about how they are treated and the work environment.

But I think it is easy to be happy at work, you do the job you are employed to do, you do it your way and you demonstrate that you are good value. And if how you like to work causes issues then go to a new company, many people moan for years about but if you stick with a bad employer then that is your choice.

It is not up to them to change, if they want to run a bad business let them do it, but I am not going to be part of it. There is mostly only one person to blame for not liking a job for any period of time, and that's the persons whose job it is. Don't spend to long expecting a employer to change for the better, put the effort in to going out to find a good employer.

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
    ― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    cgrimaldo wrote: »
    That was a great read!

I thought so too!
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Our company takes employee engagement very seriously and we base most of our ideas around the Gallup organization's "12 questions" of employee engagement. I feel like I have a very loyal team who really enjoys working at our company; I recommend the Gallup study to anyone who is interested in driving change around employee engagement. If interested I can provide more details about how we implement change.
  • Options
    kerrywukerrywu Banned Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□