Options

Failed 70-646

JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I failed an exam last week for the second time in my life. I had also failed the 70-685 a couple of months back. It seems that the last exam is always the hardest for me. I think I'm not studying hard enough. So I'll get back to the books and labs for a couple more weeks and give it another shot. It sucks that I have to pay the exam again since I lost my second shot voucher icon_sad.gif But I have to admit, I had the exam scheduled for May 27th, started the VMware Stanly class on the 19th and I just moved this past weekend so I didn't have as much time to study as I wanted. But a fail is a fail, no excuses!

Comments

• Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Tough luck man - i'm working on 70-646 as well. I'm hoping to take it in the next two weeks or so.

Good luck to you - what are you using for material?
  • Options
    I'm only using the 70-646 MS Press book and a lab I setup at work. It seems to be enough to pass the exam as most of the questions that I'm sure I missed, I all remembered reading them in the book. The problem with that exam is that it's less technical and more like on the planning side of things. And I don't have a lot of experience in planning strategies and projects so I believe that's why I'm struggling more with.

What are you using for material?

Good luck to you as well.
  • Options
    Thanks man. Reading the 646 MS book (second edition) as well. I have a subscription to pluralsite as well (just the $30 a month one). I used that to pass the 642 a few months back and it's pretty solid. You don't get ALL of the information from their video's but it's like 70% complete.

Seems to be more of a review of 70-642 from what I can tell. Just finished the book last week and i'm labbing this week. Hope to take it a next week sometime. I haven't planned a TON of stuff - but i am a sys admin so a lot of this stuff we already use or have at least looked at.
  • Options
    aegisroseaegisrose Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear Jasmin... you'll get it next try!! I am also studying for the 70-646. But I thought it was going to be retired July 13th? I'm not even sure where I heard that. Am I wrong? Do I have more time?
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The 70-646 and 70-647 are beasts. The format of those exams are really tough. A lot of people fail those on their first few attempts. Requires a lot of labbing, experience, study time, etc.

Good luck on your next attempt!
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys, could you tell me how many questions in this exam please.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    I can't and it varies per MS's policy.
  • Options
    aegisrose wrote: »
    Sorry to hear Jasmin... you'll get it next try!! I am also studying for the 70-646. But I thought it was going to be retired July 13th? I'm not even sure where I heard that. Am I wrong? Do I have more time?

Hopefully I will! I'm taking a break from it right now as I'm spending all of my studying time on the VCP5 as I just finished the class earlier this month. I haven't heard anything about their exams retiring. I still see that it's possible to take their exams. I believe they'll retire them once the next server generation is out.
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is still plenty of time to get those exams done. Sorry to hear you didn't pass this time, it sucks when you are in that position but seems to happen alot with the MS exams. Just take some time out then get back into it and kick its arse next time, good luck!
  • Options
    Well, I am sitting this exam for the second time tonight. I feel way more confident than last time. It's been almost a year since I last took it and I feel like the experience I gained has helped me in my studies. Hopefully I'll get a different result this time!
  • Options
    How did it go?
  • Options
    Lexluethar wrote: »
    How did it go?
    Failed again, but with a score of 660 so it was better than last time. I found the case scenarios were the hardest part of the exam. The report at the end of the exam was a bit more detailed in my opinion, it was different than when they were with Prometric. So now I know exactly what my weaknesses are so I'll be studying mostly on that. I rescheduled it for March 30th, hopefully I can reschedule it earlier but for now it's the earliest date.

At least I have the free second shot so I won't be paying for it again!
  • Options
    Good luck! Yes some of those questions are odd IMO.
  • Options
    I FINALLY passed the exam yesterday with a score of 792! Next up, CCNA: Security!
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Good luck with CCNA: security
    God deserves my best
  • Options