Is WGU the best IT certification credit school?

Mykes68Mykes68 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
As you can see this is only my second post. My first post was asking questions about the sec+ exam which I was able to pass thanks to the topics and advice here. Thank You.

I have been reading the forum and Im wondering if there are other schools like WGU that allow transfer credits (from various schools or training) and give credit for certifications. Is WGU the best one for this? It looks like the majority here are going the WGU route.

The next certification I'm considering is CISSP.

Comments

• anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think WGU is the school that will give you the most credit for IT certifications. I know for a fact that Excelsior College, Franklin University, and University of Maryland University College give credit for some IT certifications, but no where near as many as WGU. The other schools I mentioned mostly accept IT certifications as electives instead toward your major; they also have a limit on the number of certifications that you can transfer in. There's basically no cap on the number of certifications you can transfer into WGU. I would say WGU would be your best bet if you'd like to transfer certifications into college credit.
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    I don't know if you can get a fair sample size seeing as how many users on this site attend/attended WGU.
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Subjectively speaking: For me, WGU is the best bang for my buck. I wanted an affordable, quick, degree program with classes that actually interest me. I looked around, did my research, and nothing I found would give me so much for so little money. Where I live, my on-ground options are very limited, anything I would even consider is a 1.5-2 hour commute (one way), so online was my only realistic option. WGU seemed to hit every bullet point of what I wanted.