Options

Difficulty in choosing what MCSE path to take

garretta86garretta86 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Jumping the gun a little but im starting to think about potential pathways for the MCSE and wondered how people made the decision on which route to go.

Was it directly linked to the role you were doing or did you think more toward future roles and what would be more beneficial?

I work in server/infrastructure however im not sure exactly what route to take, i have enjoyed doing a little sharepoint but unsure whether thats a great direction to follow.
Currently working on - 70-411

Next - 70-412

**Fail to prepare, Prepare to Fail**

Comments

• Options
    Glenn1986Glenn1986 Banned Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Garretta

I have chosen my MCSE path based on my career in server/infrastructure as well. For your benefit and your employers i would definitely recommend taking the MCSE path that you work directly in as you will have more opportunity to leverage the knowledge you have gained.

That doesn't mean you cant take another MCSE path when you are done. If you have any major projects planned at work (lync implementation is a big one these days), its a perfect opportunity to see if your employer will pay/give time off to become certified in the technology that is being implemented.

just my 2 cents!