Eric Conrad practice test

billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
Hello all,
I scored a 78.8% on Eric COnrads practice test. I was wondering how everyone else did in his practice exam? I am scheduled for Tuesday and am trying to decide whether to go take it or not. I have failed once, so if I fail again I need to wait 90 days! icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No one can decide for you my friend. Scoring a 78.8% on Eric Conrad isn't good enough, since his whole book is pure theory and merely any twisters. I suggest you take the GISP test or even the Sybex test, if you really want to test your level of preparation. I've been preparing for CISSP since 2 years. I still think, I am not ready.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Just go for it! There are exams that I thought I would fail as well. Your situation is the same as me back then when facing the GCIA exam, I only year 2000+ book taking on a year 2012 exam. Every question was tough but somehow I pull through it. There is no silver bullet in everything, everyone fail at some point of our life. You got to remember the saying, its not about how many times a person fails, but how many times that a person did not give up.
  • CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    billyr2009 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I scored a 78.8% on Eric COnrads practice test. I was wondering how everyone else did in his practice exam? I am scheduled for Tuesday and am trying to decide whether to go take it or not. I have failed once, so if I fail again I need to wait 90 days! icon_confused.gif:

Eric Conrad practice test is too much direct knowledge. However, previously you got 70% of GISP exam; I would think you are ready. I would recommend to spend the entire afternoon on Monday to go over everything on the material before taking a break and sleep. Try to distinguish the differences, for example: UDP vs TCP, IPv4 vs IPv6, PPTP vs L2TP vs IPSec, and etc..

I agree with TheProfezzor, I just passed the exam..but I still think I am not ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ... even the Sybex test...
    Do you happen to have a link to the Sybex test? I'm having trouble finding it.
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
  • CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    teancum144 wrote: »
    Do you happen to have a link to the Sybex test? I'm having trouble finding it.

The only I can think of is: 24x7 books access by skillsoft and Safari Book online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    I just checked Books24x7 and the Sybex CISSP 6th ed. book does have an online practice exam, but it's only 38 items, and they look closer to the Security+ and CEH than the CISSP.