Resume review

RakuraiRakurai Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
So, it is that time to start planning for myself getting out of the military, which is coming very fast. Looking to see if i can get any feedback on it.

Thanks.

Comments

• RakuraiRakurai Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bumping to see if there is any advice from anyone.
  • Agent47Agent47 Member Posts: 103
    Hi There,

Here are my suggestions/opinions for each section hopefully this helps.

Layout See example word doc and I'll explain below. I made some changes for your consideration.
    Summary (sample was from here) Although you know what you want to do (expand knowledge & experience) this section is basically a what you can do for the company "sales-pitch".

For example:

Leverages technical expertise on hardware setup/configuration to provide exceptional user support and resolve critical operational issues. Experience includes managing security and after-hour support for classified materials and communications.Known for creating and implementing training that expands team member capabilities and instructs users on system utilization/improvement. Works with government, civilian, and corporate stakeholders.

While I made a few changes in your summary section, its only something to build on if you choose. Take a look and rewrite. I think the example above could start off a little better but it still says to the reader how this person would integrate themselves into tasks for the company. If you can briefly explain similar to this, you're off to a good start. Doesn't really need to be this long though if you include highlight bullets like in the attachment.

Education
    There is alot in here that could be trimmed because you're already mentioning it in other sections (switches, certs etc). If the company needs to know more (as far as program specifics or any other education, im sure they will ask).

Security Clearance
    I put this in the highlights at the top because it will be one of the first things a recruiter reads and 2 I'd give something like this its own section when there are multiple clearances IMO.

Certifications
    icon_thumright.gif

Skills
    icon_thumright.gifIt might be good to list what OS's your familiar with (for keyword search sake) and networking protocols etc but otherwise you're good here. Up to you.

Work Experience
    In this section, you're giving alot more information than you potentially need. Try to shorten the bullets without being too vague.

For example you have:
    Sustained and operated the Mobile Communications Vehicle that provided communications for the President of the United States while in motorcade and trip site locations within the National Capital Region.

You could probably do something like:

• Operated the mobile communications vehicle on trip site locations and in motorcade for the President of the United States.

This is just a simple example that is to the point. Unless the info I removed is truly relevant to the position give just enough to have something to talk about in your interview.

Overall, you have serious experience and skill. Thank you for your services and best of luck to you and your endeavors.

Resume.doc

resume.pdf