Options

Setting Up my Home CCNA LAB - Need a little advice on a few things

briteekoncallbriteekoncall Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, everyone:

So I started study for CCNA 2 months ago, I will be taking the 2 exam approach which I feel is probably the best way to go. My study book is CCNA Routing & Switching guide by Todd Lammle, his latest book, to help me get real hands on experience I just bought a ccna/ccnp router/switch lab off ebay. The 3x routers are Cisco 2800 series model 2811's, with 2x 2950 switches (L2) and 1x 3550 L3 Switch.

So that I can get into setting up VLANS, Trunks, I wanted to ask what is the appropriate way to connect the switches together, with the routers? I know that I can connect the switches together using a Crossover cable, what is the best way to connect the three 2811 routers together?

I also have a Cisco 800 series router, which has WAN port and 4 Ethernet ports, id like try and configure it so that I can use it as my internet connection, my ISP at home is Verizon FiOS, have a cat5 wall jack, no fios router so I am able to use my own. I wonder if anyone on this forum has experience at configuring the 851W Cisco Router to work with Verizon Fios? Any help on this would be so appreciated, I hope to take ICND1 in 3-4 months :)
Cheers
Rod Brit Geek FL

Comments