Options

Calling all Fiserv network engineers - tell me your opinion on working for Fiserv ???

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
hey guys.

I have a chance to work or Fiserv...the pay is not great but it will be a lower network engineer job which I could take if it is network engineering since I want to concentrate as network engineer.

but have you guys worked or Fiserv tell me all about it??
do you have any opinions good or bad?

how about advancement their HR says good but online reviews say bad?
help any views on Fiserv?
thank you

Comments

• Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You are trying to get your foot into the door, correct? If so, bite the bullet and do your time.
  • Options
    puertorico1985puertorico1985 Member Posts: 205
    @itdaddy: I wouldn't listen to anything Asad says. He/She seems to be on a path of trolling or post count. Posts are nonsensical and rubbish, to say the least. I saw one post and thought to myself: dafuq?

But to the OP: I have not heard of this company, so I hope for your sakes that someone here has. I can recommend that you look at some reviews on Glassdoor and see what others have to say about the company, assuming that you can find it on that site. If you feel that it is a step up for you, and can lead you to your ultimate goal, I do not see why you couldn't use that company and position as a stepping stone. Please make sure that you do your research and ask all the pertinent questions during interviews to make sure you know what you are getting yourself into before accepting the role. Best of luck!
  • Options
    The Silent AssassinThe Silent Assassin Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had an interview for them about a year ago and from what I can tell, they are the typical company that wants to get all they can. If you apply for one of their jobs expect to get asked about coding, networking, security, servers, app development. I understand that they are looking for a jack of all master of none type of person but being realistic, it's a hard spot to fill. It is arguable that each of those areas a totally different from each other and you just can't pick them up and sit them down as you please. I interviewed for their On-Demand technician role and some of the things they were asking I honestly had no idea. Also they travel ALOT, nearly every weekend. If you can handle all the travel, know networks, data, sql, vbscript, server and desktop support, as well as end user training then you should have no issue getting a job at Fizerv.
  • Options
    thanks guys, yeah OMG I looked on Glassdoor and they sucked many people of course took job offers probably cause we need jobs, but amazing everyone at least 70% I feel said same thing milk you for all your work and pay you low wage...the only thing is I would have network engineer title and might get more of my feet wet in raw network engineering ..I guess I could do it for awhile and see what happens in about 2 years or 3?

I get nervous when I see bad reviews on a company

Fiserv Reviews | Glassdoor
  • Options
    Looks like after my interview with 3 managers, they are looking to higher me on as a network engineer II they said. and next week they are going to call me with an offer. My Fiserv hr lady said they are trying to get me more $$$ for my job. I hope that is true. My interview experience
    was good with Fiserv I actually out of all my IT interviews like these people the best..so I will let you know once I get my offer.
    I am going to take it. It is raw network engineer job. I am on call for 1 week every 4th week. yeah from every day on call 365 days to every 4th or 3rd week super and 2x a year I travel to the other out of state facility to help other engineers on big jobs. they give me company car and a credit card wow service with class yeah sounds great...I hope it is not a dream the job sounds awesome in the door. I just do net engineering no servers yeah!!!! ahahahahhahaha lol hahhaha I will report back after my offer is made to let you know what happened..