Starting study

jrquieretemajrquieretema Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, first post.

I've just passed rather easily A+ and Net+ with around 800 but I'm a littke afraid of the >700 passed note for the Sec+ one.

My study method:

Books:
- Cram Master
- Sybex

Test:
-Exam Force
-Transcender

Webs:
- Xamsrus.com
- Techexams.net (just discovered)

What do you think about this material? Something missing or anything I should change?

Thanks in advance.
JR

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi and welcome,

Although I'm not a big fan of the Security+ book from Sybex, if you combine your study material listed above I think you should be good. If you do plan to get another book, I hear good things about the Syngress book. I'll be adding several more TechNotes for Security+ this month.
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just recently passed the Security+ and while studying, I discovered numerous errors in the Sybex book in addition to the lack of depth in some areas.

I used four different books to compile my own study guide as well as used the GREAT study material from this website as well as the practice tests

I dont know about exam force or exam master but if you are worried about the passing mark, then I would suggest the Syngress book as the #1 source, Exam Cram2 book and Johann's Technotes on this website as 3rd, and the Exam Cram practice test book.

You will have no trouble at all passing the test IMHO
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.