Options

Greatly need advice

Success101Success101 Member Posts: 132
Here's my situation -

I do help desk. I'm overqualified and bored of taking calls, creating tickets and not being able to fix the problem because I don't have full admin permissions. The level two guys are a joke...this organization will give anyone a job from what I've seen. My co-workers are here for a check. I actually want to learn how stuff works and have a passion for this industry.

Obvious answer is apply for jobs right? Even if I do manage to land a interview...I can't take off work because the manager here is just bad. He won't approve any leave. He sits around the office all day gossiping and then leaves early just about everyday. He has no IT background nor offers any assistance of any kind.

The last interview I went to, I had a offer the next day, but the salary was lower than expected. I don't think I have a resume or "image" problem.

My mental health is slowly decreasing. I keep thinking about doing really bad things because I see no end to this position I'm in. I know myself and I know I am almost to that point.

What am I supposed to do in this situation?

Comments

• Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Sounds like the only correct way to go is out of the company, I'd get interviews and just call in sick or car problems on interview days. If you truly hate that job, you will have to find a way to make those interviews, so you can GTFO.
  • Options
    puertorico1985puertorico1985 Member Posts: 205
    Getting out is the right answer. I would tell you to say that you have a doctor's appt, but just make sure that they do not ask for a medical note. Anytime I've had to interview, where it would require me to be out a few hours, that was my go-to excuse.
  • Options
    massontechmassontech Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Before i start, your manager might be reading your post at the moment ! ha! funny i would think ..

Anyways i was in the same situation some few years back. i was bored to death - i did 3 certifications cos of the boredom ...well which was good. but sometimes i get really angry at almost everything because i had nothing to do and when i finally had something little to do, i get so tired.

Well in the end, i had to start learning mcse 2003 (that was then though) - I got more skilled to server level and talked alot with the server guys questions and all. applied for a role , went for an interview - This was what i did then -

Sent an email to the service desk , copied my manager at about 5am in the morning that i was very very sick and i wouldn't be at the office.
    Luckily enough ,the first interview i went for i got the job .

I think u should revamp your self , learn enough to move you further and start applying for jobs

cheers
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Oh done that before. Scheduled Outlook to send the email at silly o'clock :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try to schedule interviews during your lunch break of if it seems like a sure thing, just call in sick for work. Maybe even call in sick for work and use the whole day for interviews. I know I couldn't stay at a job that I hated. I'd probably be unemployed before I did that if I didn't have a wife and a kid to take care of.