Options

So my bosses door is closed and I want to walk in and put my two weeks in......

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Just saying.......

I got a couple of hot leads nothing solid, but I am friends with one of the hiring managers so I decided what the heck. Besides this role is trending in the wrong direction.

I just love updating database tables all day long! icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Do it Friday afternoon at 4:59pm icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Or Monday at 7:59am icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Do it Friday afternoon at 4:59pm icon_smile.gif

Yes!!! Hahahaha! or at 5:01pm
  • Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    paste it on his monitor screen when he leaves
  • Options
    It has been done.

Great conversation, I'll be there till the 3rd of next month. I have a few other opportunities surfacing, once you get a few years of service things start popping, Thank God.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know what ended up happening. He even mentioned how unhappy I looked and he wanted me to be happy. I thought that was nice, and he mentioned a few other good hearted things.

It's time to move on and this was another step in the right direction. Speaking of which as soon as I left I was contacted by a manufacturing company for a service desk manager position. The HR recruiter and I went back and forth pushing this through at the last minutes. The job description almost meets every skill I possess.

Wish me luck please.....
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wow! Well done - that takes a lot guts to resign before you have another job. That's confidence through and through! Good luck! You will do well.
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck, if you can move upwards or laterally with upskilling available.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    Hey thanks guys I appreciate it.

I never make decisions based off fear, maybe I am too stupid to know better, but I have never seen these situations like others. For me personally I work much better under pressure. I always have, if all the chips are on the table I focus with laser precision and usually get things done. I have done this more times than I care to admit never having a gap in my employment history.

I work hard and relentlessly. Not to say others don't but I make sure I don't fail and I have faith. It's important when putting yourself in these situations. I am without power but I still believe something will come through.

I'll keep all you fine folks updated.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck in pursuing one of the new opportunities!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Good luck in pursuing one of the new opportunities!

Thanks!

I have a contingency built up for these types of moved plus my wife does a ok financially so the risk isn't as some may see. My wife makes more than I do :)

Anyway being an only child the grand kids get their school paided for and all there extracurricular activities paid for which helps out a lot. (They do really well for themselves).

So my situation is a lot different than others.

Car and Student Loans are now paid for as well, which helps out a lot!
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats N2 great news! Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    puertorico1985puertorico1985 Member Posts: 205
    Best of luck. Keep us posted on your future endeavors.
  • Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats N2IT! I'm sure the man upstairs has something good planned for you!