How many pages should my resume be?

I have heard from many people that your resume should never be more than 2 pages but I find it difficult to fit my resume onto 2 pages.

I don't have a great deal of years in experience but I have worked 9 jobs in the 3 years and 10 months I have been with my current employer and there are miscellaneous other things like military, college etc.

Point is, if I put everything on 2 pages it will just list previous jobs with a brief description of the responsibilities. Most of the stuff I have done is different enough that the responsibilities don't overlap.

So is it OK to have a 2 page resume that is maybe a little too short on fluff? (being a writer or long winded has never been one of my strong points anyway)

Or should I include things like accomplishments in the positions I've worked in or testimonials about how awesome I think I am at the cost of flowing over to 3 pages?

The job I am looking to shoot for is a Network Engineer position.

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Typically I would not make it longer than 2 pages. I would also only list your last 3 or 4 jobs to save room unless there are big gaps in your employment or short time spent on jobs.

For me, I don't have an objective on my resume, I think they are pointless because obviously the objective is to get the job you are applying for so to me it is implied. I start it with 'Professional Experience' then 'Education' and then 'Certifications' and finally 'References'. Quality of the content is the most important. I usually will tweak my resume a little for the job you are applying for. Basically in your experience section you want to focus on points that the potential employer is asking for.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. :)
  • Vodka1881Vodka1881 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also to save some room, I never put the references on the resume itself. I put "References available upon request" at the bottom of my rusume. If they like your resume they will ask for your references.
  • MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    My resume is only 1 page. That includes college, military experience etc.
    - remember, if your resume don't catch on during the first 10 seconds, it'll probably be tossed in the bin. That's just my opinion.