Options

2nd time scored 680, 3rd time scored 684 -What am I doing wrong?

bunnifubunnifu Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I almost feel like giving up, but I won't. I'll need some more suggestions. icon_rolleyes.gif

I have read the ISC2 official book numerous times. I've done the CCcure quizzes until I scored 80-95%. I used the transcender test bank the 2nd time, but didnt' use it the 3rd time before my exam. My weak areas the 2nd time were telecom, crypto, security architecture, software sec, and business continuity. The 3rd time taking it, these areas were my best while the other domains were my worst.

I somehow can't understand the scenario based questions that says what is the next step after this...
I'm good with the facts questions, that usually is memorization.

Any suggestions? Should I attend a bootcamp? Should I re-read Eric Conrad's book?

Comments

• Options
    teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If what you've done hasn't worked, perhaps try something different. I hear the "Dummies" book is outstanding (but I haven't read it yet). Also, the Shon Harris book is painfully thorough, but quite good (I've read half of that book). I've also heard good things about the Sybex book (but I haven't read it yet). If the perspectives you've learned are not the answer, perhaps you need a new perspective -- try a different book.
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
  • Options
    Plan2succeedPlan2succeed Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You have to nail the scenario based questions. Even if the questions are not scenario based explicitly, they almost always are. (I do not have to tell you that as you have more experience with the questions than me as I have taken the test only once :P). I do not remember getting too many facts questions, mostly twisted questions which test the concepts. When taking the practice questions, I never got more than 75% in any exam and mostly I was getting between 62% and 72%. Maybe when you are scoring, remove the facts questions and see how you are doing.

It is very important for you to now go thru CBK and AIO as they are mostly conceptual. (Some times they disagree on facts but we are not going to focus on facts anymore). You have to think like a manager.. Let us see if this helps.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try changing up your study materials. What parts are giving you the most trouble? What is your study regimen like?
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    GoldenchildGoldenchild Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest purchasing new study material. If you are having issues with the scenario questions then that tells me that you are not truly grasping the concepts presented. With that said, I would suggest purchasing the cccure scenario questions. The key to the scenario questions are to pick out the key points and know your objective. Once you know that, then you are able to select the correct answer. This exam is has a balance of memorization and application. And in order to apply anything, you must know the concepts and how they interact.