Options

6 Days to go and GISP Update

GeneCGeneC Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Another day closer…….Thanks for viewing and responding to my daily updates from here on in with 6 days to go. I figure I would take a page out of jvrlopez play by play, hopefully resulting in the same outcome.

Today’s library objective was simple, take the GISP exam. The results are in. I scored a 70% closed book / closed internet in just under 3hr 45min. I am pleased with the result but would like a little more wiggle room. My weakest domains are still my weakest domains.

So with 6 days left I am trying to figure out what to do or use to polish my weak domains. I feel like I lost points on simple memorization. Ie from the networking domains, what protocols are used at what level, tcp headers, IP ranges, and private ranges.

I did manage to note the questions that I answered incorrectly so I can hit the sybex book and reread those areas. Not sure if I should still be taking domain specific questions from total testers and mcgraw hill. The final 2 days are reserved for 11th hour.

Looking forward to hearing what others did with the results of GISP.

Thanks for the help on the final stretch!

Gene

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    The Crypto and Law&Reg section stand out to me. Obviously all three of your weakest domains are important but I would stress that for Law&Reg, make sure you understand why and know the specific orders of various things. For instance, in an investigation, what are the first steps to XYZ. Also, for crypto, it's sort of an all or nothing deal. The questions are fair but it's just brute memorization at that point.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You gotta be realistic and accept that at some point you'll have to gamble. In my case I gambled on not getting too many Crypto and DevSec questions. There comes a point where no matter how much you study, either you just can't retain more or time is against you. If had to wear your shoes I would focus on bumping up Telecom, Crypto, and perhaps BCP/DR.
  • Options
    CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    Of course you need to focus on the Telecommunications, Cryptography, and Law & Regulations. However, I strongly recommend to focus more on Telecommunications because it is a largest domain and more questions are pulled from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.