Options

Vmware VTSP Certification

massontechmassontech Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wondering if any one here has done this and what is the level of difficulty? Although i am already VCP but wouldnt be bad to bag another cert to my name Hence the hunt. Please share your experience...

Thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's a worthless certification, at least to someone who's already a VCP. I have this certification and took the test when I wasnt a VCP. I'd say the VCP's about 4 times harder than the VTSP. I see no value in this cert, except for some non-technical sales people who want to have the most basic grounding in some of VMware's products and a "cert" to prove it. As for actual experience of the test - you go through a series of videos and answer a few questions after each video. You can retake the questions any number of times to get a passing score. You should look at the VCAP-DCA instead, much much more valuable.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    GSXRulesGSXRules Member Posts: 109
    The VMware partner program has VTSP requirements (# certified depending on partner level). You have to be a partner to take it, tho you can sign up (I think still for free) to become a partner.
    Not much use to anyone but a partner, and really not much use if you have VCP already.

That said, any half-way technical person working for a partner should get it as it's free and the training is online.