CISSP Results, June 21st.

MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
And I've passed, on my first attempt.

Having only ~10 months of real info-sec experience, I can definitely say it was a challenge. It was surprisingly not as technical as I assumed, even having read other's comments. It really challenges your core understanding and thought process around the security domains. There were a few questions that were obviously beta/not graded, as there was no possible answer and were most likely designed for discouragement, etc. It was a good challenge, and I'm even a little surprised that I passed.

Overall it took me about 5 hours, not including 3 breaks. I had about a total of a half hour of time away from the test to eat/re-focus my mind.

As far as study tips go, I think a true understanding of all the basics is required. I don't think there is really anything I can recommend that you focus on other than how each domain operates and its relation to business functionality as a whole.

CISSP down, Stanford cert to go!

Comments

• TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Glad to hear you are through. Mine is on 30th of June. Have any suggestions I need to hang onto?. When you talk about technical, how technical would you grade questions from the Telcom domain, on a scale of 1to10?
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I have about 3 months before my exam date...I am definitely nervous. lol
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Glad to hear you are through. Mine is on 30th of June. Have any suggestions I need to hang onto?. When you talk about technical, how technical would you grade questions from the Telcom domain, on a scale of 1to10?

They're really isn't much technical detail on the exam. There is a reason why there are video courses and teachers that guarantee near a 100% pass rate. Take a peek at some of those videos. Watch the CBTNuggets course for the CISSP, it doesn't really go into any depth past what they explain there.
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.... well done bro.

but... are endorsing the CBT Nuggets CISSP course?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EasyPeezy wrote: »
    Congratulations.... well done bro.

but... are endorsing the CBT Nuggets CISSP course?

Eh. Keith Barker isn't my favorite instructor, but it's really the only updated video material there is for the CISSP.
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    Eh. Keith Barker isn't my favorite instructor, but it's really the only updated video material there is for the CISSP.

As it happens... I quite like Keith's CISSP course, just that i don't think it covers all there is to know.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! Congrats on the first run pass and hope the endorsement is a painless process!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna