Options

Linux Essentials Exam

coughlan22coughlan22 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wondering if anyone has taken the Linux Essentials exam? I stepped away from Linux for a few years and thought it would be a good refresher. I've read the Linux Essentials book and am set to take the exam next week.

The only information I was able to find is that you are given 65 minutes for the exam. Does anyone know how many questions it is? Are they multiple choice? True/false? Fill in the blank? Were the questions straight forward or very specific/detailed?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    According to the site, its 40 questions in 60 minutes. I just ordered the study guide myself.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. Not sure how I missed that on their site. Is there any info on the format of the questions? The 65 minute limit was in my Pearson Vue confirmation email.

Thanks
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My Linux Essentials book stated that all the questions were multiple choice.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    I took and passed the exam this morning. It was 40 questions with a 60 minute time limit. The questions were in the following format:

Multiple choice
    Select two that apply
    Free form text

There were no True/False.

For studying, all I did was read Linux Essentials by Roderick W. Smith:

Linux Essentials

and take the tests at the end of each chapter. There were a few things on the test that weren't really covered in depth in the book, but for the most part the questions were pretty straight forward.

Thanks