norton error question

jdstonejdstone Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi,

i'm trying to put norton antivirus 2005 back on my computer after it crashed and when i try and reinstall it from the disk after entering the key code, i get all kinds of errors(the same one over and over) when its installing it on the computer.

does anybody know what is causing this? there is no message, just some type of error code.

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would write the error message down and go to http://www.symantec.com and search their knowledge base.

There could be many reasons I would start by doing that.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    TeKniques provided a good solution.

Otherwise, my thought was 'why are you still using Norton?' icon_eek.gif I gave up on their AV product back around 2000-2001.

If you want to continue support their AV, then their knowledge base or they used to offer e-mail assistance was 'ok' at resolving problems. I too would start there.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Symantec software is a pain to remove. There is a program called SymClean that does a good job of killing the various links.
    Personally I completely uninstall Symantec products and install something else. I am very much concerned that I appear to be finding that if one part of the prog gets screwed all the other parts go out in sympathy.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • xlg123xlg123 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do a search on their website, under support for Instalation problems. Follow the link for "Norton gives me an error message, blah, blah...." This leads you to Sym Clean. Dowlaod and isntall SymClean. Than, folow the instructions on the page, their are like three other little files you have to download and run to get rid of "all" of the old instalation. Kinds makes you wonder why removing their stuff is so difficult.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=hot&docid=2005110916301513&nsf=sharedtech.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=Norton%20AntiVirus&ver=2005&osv=&osv_lvl=&seg=hho[url]

Or click the above link, probably easier:)
    [/url]