Options

How many ?'s can I miss and still pass?

A72CUTLASA72CUTLAS Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wondering how many I can miss. Scared to death!!icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    It varies. According to the CompTIA site you can have up to 90 questions on the test, though I've never seen that many. All my CompTIA test have been about 75 questions. However, not every question counts. Some are questions that are being evaluated to become actual test questions. I would say you can miss about 15 and still be safe. Just remember not to over think the questions. If they don't explicitly state something that you are considering in your answer then don't consider it. First thought, best thought.

Good Luck!

http://certification.comptia.org/getCertified/certifications/a.aspx
  • Options
    A72CUTLASA72CUTLAS Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, that gives me a bit more confidence.
  • Options
    MCB305MCB305 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had 80 on mine, I know each question counts a different amount of points so no actual number you can miss, but 15 would be a good reference point.
  • Options
    kevinsmith5kevinsmith5 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had 85 on my 801 and 80 on the 802 but I don't remember any question where I thought "that's not in the objectives".
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    The questions are weighted with varying point values based on some algorithm. I would not focus on getting questions incorrect. Instead, I would focus on knowing the material so it reflects my knowledge so when called upon to use said knowledge, I actually know what I am doing.

A+ is one of easiest certifications one can obtain, albeit it takes two exams to earn the title. Focus on the WIN!
    ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?