Options

CEH ECE's?

iLlamaiLlama Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I tried searching but couldn't find much about earning ECE's for renewing your CEH.

What are you guys doing to maintain?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    iLlama,

Congrats for passing the exam!!!
    You can maintain your CEH by joining InfoSec groups such as ISSA, ISACA, HTCIA, and Infraguard to name some. Membership costs will vary (Infraguard is free) but it is worth the effort.
    You can also listen to / watch podcasts such as Security Now, LifeHacker, Hak5, Security Weekly are some that I use periodically. Just make sure to keep notes for your ECE's and enter them in monthly.

Regards,
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have achieved 89 credits since getting my CEH back in August of last year.

40 for my CCNA, 40 for my CISSP, 4 for my "subscription" to ISC2's online magazine, 3 for a DoD online CBT, 1 for another DoD CBT, and 1 for a one hour Cisco online conference I sat in on.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    bigdogz wrote: »
    iLlama,

Congrats for passing the exam!!!
    You can maintain your CEH by joining InfoSec groups such as ISSA, ISACA, HTCIA, and Infraguard to name some. Membership costs will vary (Infraguard is free) but it is worth the effort.
    You can also listen to / watch podcasts such as Security Now, LifeHacker, Hak5, Security Weekly are some that I use periodically. Just make sure to keep notes for your ECE's and enter them in monthly.

Regards,

Thank you!

As far as the podcasts go, do they just go off your word about listening to them? Just keep good records of them I assume? Is there a limit on how many of them you can use towards it?
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There's an option to add an attachement so I usually attach a screen shot of me attending an online conference.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    You do not get audited but you do need some form of proof that you listed to it. The summaries are the best form of documentation. I achieved some other certs as well and I get over 100 CPE's / ECE's a year between podcasts and certifications.
    I sometimes present to groups and use those ECE's when presenting. I have to attach my presentation as proof, but it's not a big deal.
  • Options
    bigdogz wrote: »
    You do not get audited but you do need some form of proof that you listed to it. The summaries are the best form of documentation. I achieved some other certs as well and I get over 100 CPE's / ECE's a year between podcasts and certifications.
    I sometimes present to groups and use those ECE's when presenting. I have to attach my presentation as proof, but it's not a big deal.

For the podcasts/webinars, what are you putting them in as when (event type) you submit them?

Thanks!!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Some podcasts will give out "secret phrases" during their broadcast that listener can use to prove they listened to a podcast. This Week in Law adds MCLE passphrases to be used by for viewers for claiming professional education credits by watching their show. I wish more security podcasts did this.
  • Options
    ... sorry for not writing earlier.

I normally will write the main topic or Q&A and an Episode number.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/98674-list-freebies-cpes.html I created a list a while back of free resources for CPEs... feel free to add to it.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed