Testing Centers on Weekends, how?

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hi everyone,

I've noticed some people take exams on Weekends and I'm pondering how? - all the testing centers near me are Monday to Friday only, so how are you guys doing them on weekends? icon_exclaim.gif

Comments

• swellbowswellbow Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I dealt with this issue a lot last year while working a 9-5 non-IT job. Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and take a "sick" day or two.. it might not be the most ethical approach, but there aren't a whole lot of alternatives. It certainly helps you make double-sure you're well prepared when a test fail feels like a waste of a day.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've always wondered this too. I'm guessing they have testing centers open on weekends. They're like hen's teeth...I haven't found one yet.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    A couple testing centers near me are open weekends. I never go during the week days anymore
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had a Pearson Vue center that was testing on Saturdays, but when I tried to schedule a test there a few weeks ago it looks like they dropped that. Thankfully my employer is fine with me testing during work hours, as long as there's no major projects going on.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • LauraMalaveLauraMalave Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The test centers set the hours. One near me used to test on Saturdays, but stopped due to low turnout.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    smaller centers are open on the weekend here and there. Its SO much better than a weekday. Imagine, getting all of Saturday and Sunday, and then testing at 5pm on Sunday??
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    I've taken a few tests on weekends around here and found it to be nice because the particular ones I went to were rather empty which lends itself nicely for a quiet testing room.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    We have 2 that are near me that are open weekends from like 8 to 2.

Otherwise some community colleges here have testing abilities and do it every other month on weekends.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have several that are within a 30 minute drive or closer that offer testing on Saturdays. I found one that is really close to work that I used once and left work 30 minutes early to take a test so that I wouldn't have to use a Saturday morning up.
  • anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have one that's about 15 minutes from me and it's open Monday through Saturday, 8am to 3:30pm. So much better than having to go on a weekday.
  • Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    There's one near me that's open on Saturdays. I've actually never taken a cert test during the week.
  • CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    Most of the testing center vendors are opening on the weekend. The only actually Pearson VUE or Thomson Prometric are only opening on the weekend once in awhile. It is hard to see CISSP is allowed to schedule on the weekend; however, it usually show in the selection randomly. Sometimes, it does not show until 3 days away from the testing date. Therefore, you have to spot check them.

I took my CISSP exam on June 7, 2014. 2 weeks before taking the exam, I saw the closet Pearson VUE testing center for the weekend was in Oklahoma city for Dallas/Fort Worth. 4 days before the exam date, I see that Pearson VUE in Dallas was allowed to schedule for CISSP exam. So, I registered for Dallas, Texas; it saved me 6 hours of driving (round trip) and gas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have one testing center near me that is open on weekends and does walk ins. However, my current employer is ok with me leaving work to go take an exam.
  • jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    After moving recently, I found that I have a weekend testing center about two miles from my house..compared to the 30+ min drive I used to have for weekday-only testing. I've only been there once on a Saturday for the SSCP, but the place was packed. Much more convenient doing it on the weekends.
  • ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    I'd just settle for not driving 70 miles to get to a testing center.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    wish I could have a testing center near Poughkeepsie, NY that was open on weekends; I'd be certifying so much quicker... or maybe I need to find a different job that allows me to leave for certification exams.
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i've never taken a certification test M-F. Most taken on Sunday mornings.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe