Kinda burnt out

snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am currently attending WGU, I am half way through my current term and on track to finish after my next term. I landed my first IT job two months ago and have learned alot there and study work related stuff at home. I currently feel really burnt out with WGU and have a hard time keeping up with the material. I work 50 hours a week and enjoy every day there and the stuff that I'm learning. Has anyone ever felt burnt out by WGU or school in general? and has anyone ever taken a break from WGU?

Comments

• DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    it is a online course. So why don't you just finish the semester and then take a semester off? just don't slack off for more than a semester.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think everyone gets a little burnt out.

Remember if it was easy everyone would do it!

Try not to stress yourself out. Looking back in the future I am sure you will be pleased you finished. Everything is a balance so if you are in a good job that you enjoy make sure you do what needs to be done there. If you decide to take a break from school come up with a solid plan. Lots of people say they will go back and never do. A lot of things in life are simply about momentum.

Good Luck!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We all feel burnt out at different times. I know I was towards the end of my first term at WGU which I'm finishing up a few weeks ahead of schedule. I was planning to start my next classes to accelerate it but I decided to unwind and take a break dping stuff I enjoy such as my passion for gaming. You have to keep going because you will thank yourself in the long run. icon_wink.gif

It's not easy but you will reap the fruits of your labor.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep going, just pace yourself a little. I'm super burnt on WGU right now but I have only two classes left! It's very general so when you're learning things at work it feels like a waste of time. Just remember the purpose, checking that box off so you can get past HR.
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just remember the purpose, checking that box off so you can get past HR.

One more term to go - basically just MSCA 2008 classes. So burnt out right now. Thanks for the reminder.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP