Got a job offer today

dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is this normal, got a call in the evening from a sub contractor about installing juniper satellite and cisco routers, they needed me to start immediately, I am currently on a contract with another job, job finishes next week, how do I handle this without burning bridges?

On another note I am very excited i will start off doing rack and stack in various locations and then some cabling and configurations, this is the start I was looking for either that or a NOC but there is room for growth they say.

Comments

• NemowolfNemowolf Member Posts: 319 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Be very cautious about anyone calling with a start immediately position. They are using the pressure of time to limit your ability to negotiate anything. Without a written offer letter, take anything verbal as just opinion.
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea that's what I keep teling myself but I am going to see what they are up too tomorrow, they said they will be carrying the contract tomorrow and emailing me all the details.
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I've gotten calls for decent contracts from temp companies / staffing agencies asking me to show up the next day, without even a previous interview with the recruiter. They'd just meet me in the lobby 30 minutes before start time, sign a couple of i9 papers or whatever they were, then work the job until the contract was completed.

After I did a good job on the first rush to hire spot, I got a couple of similar quick fill positions, that eventually led to better paying / longer term contracts. If you have ths flexibility to do it, and are looking for something new, I say go for it.

If you're worried aboit burning bridges though I'd tell that to the recruiter, I'm sure he will have another emergency vacancy he needs filled sometime soon.
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ande0255 wrote: »
    I've gotten calls for decent contracts from temp companies / staffing agencies asking me to show up the next day, without even a previous interview with the recruiter. They'd just meet me in the lobby 30 minutes before start time, sign a couple of i9 papers or whatever they were, then work the job until the contract was completed.

After I did a good job on the first rush to hire spot, I got a couple of similar quick fill positions, that eventually led to better paying / longer term contracts. If you have ths flexibility to do it, and are looking for something new, I say go for it.

If you're worried aboit burning bridges though I'd tell that to the recruiter, I'm sure he will have another emergency vacancy he needs filled sometime soon.

YEa me and my recruiter are cool he knows this is the direction I want to go, so I explained everything and he was cool about it.
  • CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    Congrats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gratz on the position.