Options

big question

nukenuke Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm trying to work in a computer store as a volunteer to get more experience. I already worked in one of my friend's computer store for 6 mounth, and they closed down. Do you guys think what do i have to do to work in computer store? Do I need a degree or certificate or something. if i need it, can you give me a good site, so i can review.

Comments

• Options
    1Ste1Ste Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If all you want to do is repair PC's then A+ is almost a must for most businessess. But if you want to make more money you should get a Degree and many certifications.

I myself am shooting for multiple Certs and a Bachelors degree in computer information systems.
    Working for Network+, Server+, CCNA, Security+, CCNP, CCIE. MCSE.

Bachelors Degree in computer information Systems.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    nuke wrote:
    I'm trying to work in a computer store as a volunteer to get more experience. I already worked in one of my friend's computer store for 6 mounth, and they closed down. Do you guys think what do i have to do to work in computer store? Do I need a degree or certificate or something. if i need it, can you give me a good site, so i can review.

I'm not clear about what you asking or commenting. Are you currently volunteering? Or are you looking for a place to volunteer at?

You have 6 months of 'experience' already, correct?

Why not apply for a job and see how it goes? If you have already volunteered 6 months, then unless your still in high school and can shadow (volunteer) at a bigger company or at least on that has more of a professional image rather than a mere corner shop.

No one 'needs' any certificates or degrees. Some companies require them as a means to weed out applicants. Others use it as a way to advertise their staff's skillset (MS Professional, CISCO, etc..)

The learning process and research experience you may gain by following a degree program could be an asset to you down the road.

Generally, college programs do not offer much on hardware, but are geared to systems analysts, programming, more software-type degrees.

If you enjoy working with hardware, than go ahead an earn an A+

You may download the objectives the exam covers from CompTIA's website www.comptia.org

There are practice tests and technotes here (follow links in my sig, or at the top of the page or on the left of the page).

If you have specific questions we can help you with, post them in the forum and we'll help you out.

HTH
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?