Options

TSHOOT passed, CCNP complete

creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well, I finally took the plunge and sat the TSHOOT. It's been almost a year since I took my last Cisco exam, so I was a bit worried.

I used the Boson on and off for the past year or so to prepare.

Like others have said before me: Don't worry about it. Even a decent Ccna with basic bgp knowledge should stand a pretty good chance of passing.

One thing though: I kept myself on pretty short leash timewise, thinking I would re-visit tickets I was unsure about. Well, as I found out, once you press "done" you can no longer go back to that ticket (which I would have known, had I read the instructions beforehand icon_smile.gif )
Itchy... Tasty!
[X] DCICN
[X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
[ ] DCICT

Comments

• Options
    neal32neal32 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good one man. Hopefully I will be just behind you, I resit my SWITCH in 3 days and then going to review the ROUTE material, lab the topology for a couple of weeks and then sit it.

It's good to hear it's not that hard. (Which seems to be the general consensus.)
  • Options
    FE80FE80 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, what is your next plan?
  • Options
    neal32 wrote: »
    Good one man. Hopefully I will be just behind you, I resit my SWITCH in 3 days and then going to review the ROUTE material, lab the topology for a couple of weeks and then sit it.

It's good to hear it's not that hard. (Which seems to be the general consensus.)

I'm sure you will! SWITCH was such a horrible and weird exam.

Make sure you set up and tear down the TSHOOT topology in lab/gns3/packet-tracer a couple of times. While all of the faults I encountered on the TSHOOT exam where very straight-forward, I would probably still have struggled with time, had I not been familiar with the topology. I used a combo of 2 3560's , 2 3550's and GNS3 (for routers), but in hindsight, that's overkill. You can easily lab out the general topology in GNS3 alone (using switch modules on the 3725) or probably Cisco's Packet Tracer.

Also, read and understand the first few chapters in the TSHOOT cert guide. (you can skip the latter ones dealing with tech)
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    FE80 wrote: »
    Congrats man, what is your next plan?

Well, Massa is sending me to DCNX5K Implementing the Cisco Nexus 5000 and 2000 v2.0 at Global Knowledge after holidays,

So, to reciprocate, I'm going to study for the CCNA-DC, so that I'm reasonably prepared for that course. My plan is to read the Nexus chapters of Lammle's 640-911 study guide, then watch the Nuggets for 640-911 and 640-916. Then I will try and get some lab time in. I have some INE lab tokens, but unfortunately, it seems that in order to book a DC lab, I would have to buy their CCIE-DC workbook. Pretty scummy IMO...

My immediate plan is to stalk IrisTheAngel for DC info icon_smile.gif

edit: How do I change my signature? I am not a smart man icon_sad.gif
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    NiqriolNiqriol Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate! I'm curerntly preparing for CCNA Security, after which I intend to do CCNA DC, then launch into both CCNP Security and CCNP Routing & Switching. I've discovered time is hard to come by when doing these certs, but it's a must to do these certs I feel.
  • Options
    dirtyharrydirtyharry Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□