Options

Similarities between Network+ and CCENT...

jabokimjabokim Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I'm attending WGU right now and I have to get both the Network+ and CCENT for my degree. I just got the Network+ and was wondering how similar these 2 certifications are. Are they similar enough that I could go take the CCENT exam without studying the material since I have the Network+? Thanks for any help you can give :)

Comments

• Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    jabokim wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm attending WGU right now and I have to get both the Network+ and CCENT for my degree. I just got the Network+ and was wondering how similar these 2 certifications are. Are they similar enough that I could go take the CCENT exam without studying the material since I have the Network+? Thanks for any help you can give :)

The CCENT covers and or covered about 95% of the Material for the Network+ I took them back to back in 2012 and it definitely appeared to be a review of Network+ once I started CCENT. There may have been a few things that CCENT didn't cover, but you definitely not passing CCENT without studying.

CCENT transitions off into Cisco Proprietary theory, technology, routing+switching. After the test was revised last fall, its even more challenging. The CCENT will make Network+ look like a joke to you in its current form... I suggest you study and study hard for CCENT.

Exam Topics for CCENT:
    100-101 ICND1 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

CCENT involves actually knowing how to configure routing and switching features on the Cisco IOS. It's basic entry level stuff for the Cisco Path, but Network+ doesn't touch half of what CCENT expects you to know.
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ICND1 has a lot of simulation exercise on it, and are where the most points are.

I think if you knew Network+ 100%, you still have a chance of failing. Using CDP is apart of the exam. If you are unfamiliar with the CLI then your missing massive points.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Please note that the 100-101 version of the CCENT got harder with this revision. The previous version looks like a walk in the park compared to this.
    This is probably because you can now jump to CCNA Security/voice etc with just a CCENT.

I will agree that much of the N+ is covered as fundamental chapters in CCENT. But then the other 2/3 of the book is configuring and Cisco knowledge.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    unrealskillz06unrealskillz06 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They are similar exams but not so similar that you can take one without studying for the other. As stated above, the CCENT is specifically for cisco devices in regards to maneuvering in Command Line interface and basic configuration. Im confident that you will do fine when you take the tests because I went the same route.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    If you have CCENT and A+ you can probably pass N+.
    But not the other way around.
    meh
  • Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    CCENT does not go into wireless anymore which I believe is on N+
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005