Options

SSCP - Further Study

jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi all.

So I'm studying for SSCP and have so far completed the Pluralsight course and Darril Gibson's book. I've also watched a number of YouTube videos, including MicroNuggets. However, I know I'm still not up to scratch, and I still have 4 weeks till the exam, so I need to put more effort in. I've tried reading some NIST documents, but they are really quite dry, and I just feel like I'm reading facts but not grasping understanding.

So I'm looking at my Eric Conrad CISSP book, which I'll be using for the CISSP exam in a few months' time (and which I referred to during my other study). And I'm finding that pretty much everything that is touched on in the Gibson SSCP book and the Pluralsight course is explained in greater depth in Eric's book (except maybe Malware).

So I have two questions of those of you who have studied and passed both exams:

1. Would it be fair to say that CISSP material like Eric Conrad's covers essentially everything in the SSCP exam? Or is there some critical information missing? Is SSCP simply CISSP stripped down?

2. I keep hearing that in order to pass CISSP, you must address the questions like a manager. Does that mean you must address the SSCP questions like a techie? I am a techie, but I don't want to make the mistake of analysing each question from a technical standpoint, if ISC2 is expecting me to think like a manager.

I really want to pass SSCP, but not just because I memorised a bunch of stuff. Rather, I want to pass because I understand the material - both from my own experience and studying.

Thanks

Jon

Comments